The Organizing Committee of the XXIV International Symposium on Combustion Processes (ISCP2019) recognizes the need to foster new talents, that will contribute to the development of this field in the future.
Therefore, during ISCP2019, two contests will take place:
„The best PhD student presentation of ISCP2019”
„The best PhD student poster of ISCP2019”
The importance of fostering of new talents has been also recognized by Energies which is the sponsor of this contest, a sponsor and a media partner of ISCP2019.
Energies would like to give the opportunity to young talented PhD students, to increase their impact in the field by enabling the opportunity to publish their work in a reputable, internationally renown journal in Open Access.
Each of the two winners will be invited to submit and publish the work, presented during the symposium, in the Special Issue of Energies, dedicated to XXIV International Symposium on Combustion Processes, free of Article Processing Charges.
How to take part in the contest?
1) Register to the symposium through the registration form on our website.
2) After registration send an abstract, with the name of the presenting PhD student underlined, to email@example.com with the title of the email: „Best PhD Presentation” or send an abstract and prepared poster (saved as JPG file – 5 MB max), with the name of the presenting PhD student underlined, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the email: „Best PhD poster”, depending if the work will be presented as oral presentation or poster, during ISCP2019.
Who is eligible to take part in the contest?
PhD students, stated as authors* in submitted extended abstracts and full papers and presenting (oral presentation or poster) during the symposium.
* – Authorship of the student shall be significant, which will be confirmed by the high place of the student on the list of authors. PhD students, placed at the further, in papers with many authors, may not be accepted for the contest.
MSc students, seriously thinking about Research & Development sector as their future career path, are also eligible (requirements same as for PhD students).
One student is allowed to submit only one work to one of the two announced contests. However, it is not a breach of the rules if the student is a co-author of other papers.
How will the winners be determined?
1) On arrival, during registration, each participant of ISCP2019 will receive two voting cards, one for each of two contests.
2) On each of the voting cards there will be a space to put the code of the presentation/poster.
3) Codes will be available in the technical program.
4) Participants will be able to cast their votes during the course of ISCP2019 to the sealed ballot boxes, prepared by the organizers.
5) Seals will be broken by the relevant committee members (see below) on the last day of the symposium. Then the committees will count the votes for each of the two contests (counting will be open for all interested participants).
6) Winners will be announced during the closing ceremony and on the websites. Also certificates will be given to the winners, present during this ceremony**. Two runner ups will be awarded with certificates for 2nd and 3rd place in the contest respectively.
** Co-authorship certificates, will be available for co-authors of the awarded works, upon request after the symposium.
Award Committee for „Best PhD Presentation” and „Best PhD poster” contests:
Krzysztof Czajka, Wrocław University of Science and Technology, Poland
Sylwester Kalisz, Silesian University of Technology, Poland
Deanna Lacoste, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia
Sebastian Werle, Silesian University of Technology, Poland
Weihong Yang, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
More info and news:
Announcement on the website of Energies.